- Product List
- Surgi-Sox Torso for the Forelimb Amputee
Surgi-Sox Torso for the Forelimb Amputee
Indications for Use
- Wounds, Abrasions, Incisions
- Skin Lesions associated with Dermatological Disease
- Chronic Obsessive Licking of the Torso
- Skin Lesions associated with Radiation Therapy
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy Tube
- Thoracostomy Tube
- Surgically placed Drain Tubes/Jackson Pratt Drains
- Fragile Skin associated with Immunosuppressive Therapy/Compromised Immune System
- Certain Behavioral Issues (Anxiety/Stress)
The Surgi-Sox Torso for the Forelimb Amputee has no limb openings so it is ready for immediate application post forelimb amputation. Simply cut a slit for the remaining limb and apply. The material with not unravel or fray. The garment provides coverage of the incision and compression to reduce seroma formation.
The level of compression can be adjusted based on the size selected. Our sizing chart is based on a mild to moderate compression and can be used as a guideline if more or less compression is desired.
*Choosing the Right Size
Size is based on measurement #2, which is the circumference of the chest. Please use the table below to select the best size for your dog.
|Measurement #2 - Chest||Measurement #4 - Length|
|XS||8.5" - 10.5"||21.59 - 26.67||6.5"||16.51|
|S||10" - 12.5"||25.4 - 31.75||9.0"||22.86|
|S/M||11.5" - 14"||29.21 - 35.56||11.0"||27.94|
|M||14" - 17.5"||35.56 - 44.45||13.5"||34.29|
|M/L||18" - 22.5"||45.72 - 57.15||17.0"||43.18|
|L||24" - 30"||60.96 - 76.2||20.0"||50.8|
|XL||26" - 32.5"||66.04 - 82.55||20.0"||50.8|
|XXL||28" - 35"||71.12 - 88.9||20.0"||50.8|
|3XL||31" - 38.5||78.74 - 97.79||20.0"||50.8|
Surgi-Sox products are made from unique 4-way stretch material that is highly breathable. The material is plated to prevent sticking to wounds and is anti-microbial. The material can be cut to accommodate PEG tubes, etc. and will not unravel or fray. The seams are worn on the outside of the garment to provide a smooth interface for the area of coverage. These products are machine washable and will not lose their integrity or anti-microbial properties.
US Patent No: 6,070,557