- Product List
- Velpeau Sling
Indications for Use
- Post Closed Reduction Management of Shoulder Luxations
- Post-operative Management of Shoulder Luxations
- Minimally Displaced Scapular Fracture Management
- Post-operative Management of Complicated and/or Tenuous Scapular Fracture Repairs
- Post thermal Capsulorrhaphy or Reconstruction of Severe Medial Shoulder Instability (MSI)
- To Encourage Weight-bearing in the Contralateral Limb for Rehabilitative Therapy
- To Prevent Weight-bearing in the Forelimb
The Velpeau Sling offers a superior alternative to traditional bandaging. It eliminates the trauma to the skin and rehabilitation therapy can be performed with ease throughout recovery. The Velpeau Sling is easy to apply. The closure is along the animal's back and can be adjusted to allow for a comfortable fit. It maintains the shoulder in a neutral position with the elbow flexed.
This product is "custom sized" based on the measurements you provide for your dog and generally ships within 24 hours of receiving the order Monday - Friday.
A veterinary prescription is required to order this product. Please send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or provide contact information for your veterinarian in the Customer Comments section during the check out process.
The Velpeau Sling is constructed of a lightweight material that is VELCRO® Brand fastener compatible. The material is highly breathable and has wicking properties. It closes with VELCRO® Brand fasteners along the back. The material does not pull at the fur and is impregnated with a natural fiber that reduces odor and inhibits bacterial and fungal growth within the product. The product is machine washable.